Here’s another facial massage technique – there IS one out there for you! Just five simple steps to a two minute massage, based on Abigail James’ technique. This is really easy and a good one to do when you’re taking your make-up off.
Abigail has become famous for her healing hands, alongside the ability to combine nature with science and technology, building a reputation as both one of the UK’s top facialists and a natural health and beauty expert.
By relaxing muscles and connective tissue, massaging the face softens expression-induced lines around your eyes, lips and brows, helps expel acne-causing toxins and de-puffs and brightens the eye area. It also increases circulation, oxygenating the blood and encouraging the presence of fresh, healing red blood cells.
Follow these directions while applying your daily cleanser or moisturiser. For an especially hydrating treatment, try it in the bath using an organic face oil. – Alexa Brazilian
1. Start on the cheeks. Draw big circles using your fingers or knuckles, moving upward.
2. On one side of the face at a time, rub from the midjaw to the cheekbone with long upward strokes, pressing firmly for a moment at the top.
3. Work smile lines with upward strokes, from the corners of the mouth to the corners of the nose.
4. With your fingers, lift and hold both brows to open up the eye area. Rub in a circle around the eye socket out to the temples, eventually expanding to include the forehead.
5. To plump lips, use thumbs and index fingers to quickly pluck all across the top and bottom lip, which stimulates blood flow.
This is a video of Abigail demonstrating some of the above techniques. Abigail’s using products from bareMinerals, but you can of course, use your own products. Check out her amazing skin![youtube.com/watch?v=9oIsE6WRWHI&list=PL80McZyXcyT1T_FluY6SGfIZIO0yXXr2Z&index=2]
Full Article: The Wall Street Journal
Website: Abigail James
Interesting and informative: Abigail’s Blog