This was a late birthday present (which I chose), but actually, I would’ve been happy to buy it myself. I use it everyday and it even kicks my beloved Pippa Palette into touch, that’s how highly I rate it.
CHARLOTTE TILBURY INSTANT LOOK IN A PALETTE, NATURAL BEAUTY
Makeup palette with champagne, pink & neutral shades.
7 easy steps to perfect makeup every time makes this palette ideal for beginners.
Champagne shades create radiant eye makeup, whilst pretty pink shades are perfect for a blush of colour.
Versatile colours mean you can build intensity with your contour or eyeshadow.
There are 3 variations
- Natural Beauty is the flawless fresh-faced look on the go, with effortlessly pretty pink, peach and neutral shades making it the perfect everyday makeup look.
- Seductive Beauty will enhance your features for a divine date night look, complete with a quick and easy smokey eye and sculpted contour & shimmering highlight.
- Beauty Glow is the NEW makeup palette for radiant, dreamy makeup with rose-gold & bronze shades, making it the ideal wedding makeup palette, for any age or skin tone!
Natural Beauty is a good fit for my fair skin, although I think I could make Seductive Beauty work too as the shades are completely different, but still look wearable on my skin tone.
The shades are highly pigmented – apart from number 2, the shimmery Eye Enhance, it’s very insipid on me and no matter how much I try to build the colour, it doesn’t show up. Maybe it’s too close to my natural skin tone?
My other tiny gripe is that even though all the colours are soft and powdery and there’s no fallout when applied, the eyeshadows in particular, kick up a lot of dust on the palette.
Apart from that, this is perfection. The palette looks great, of course, and the mirror is a really good size. The shades are super flattering, especially on mature skin. For younger skin, Natural Beauty would be ideal for a toned down, very natural day time look.
- Eye Bright is a very light matte pink matted. Apply to upper eyelids and inner corners.
- This champagne shimmer doesn’t do anything for me, the only dud in the set.
- A matte warm brown perfect for the crease, or a soft smokey eye. This will ‘hit pan’ first.
- With its subtle hint of sparkle, I use the bronzer sparingly (the pigment is strong with this one) as my contour.
- A soft and warm peach shade.
- A ‘more flattering than it looks’ vibrant pink.
- Beautiful! A silky and shimmery highlighter, but sheer enough to build so you don’t look too glowy.
I’m not sure if the bronzer and highlighter are the same shades as Charlotte’s Filmstar Glow & Bronze, but if they are, then no wonder it’s a best seller, they’re a perfect pairing.
For once, the swatches on the official site are fairly close to the real thing. The blushers aren’t as vibrant in real life – see my photo at the end of the post, but that’s fine, because it looks like most people (including me) swipe both blushes together to create a more natural looking shade.
However, I wouldn’t pay much attention to the ‘skin’ swatches. I can’t see how useful these would be because, (for aesthetic purposes, so it looks pretty on the site), I think it’s the same arm with varying applications of fake tan.
Far better to watch a YouTube tutorial to get a proper idea of how the shades will look on your particular skin tone.
PS They’ve actually spelled Highlight wrong – oops!
In conclusion, this is a fabulous palette, with flattering, strongly pigmented shades that you’ll turn to every day. It’s also compact and space-saving, so easy take away on holiday. The darker palettes will really enhance (fake or real) tanned skin.
Like a lot of Charlotte Tilbury products, the £49.00 price tag is a bit steep, but then again, you’re paying for Charlotte’s name, the lovely packaging and high quality of product – although perhaps not for the website proof reader who let highlihgt slip through!