REVIEW Jade Hair Straightening Ceramic-Tourmaline Brush
I try not to straighten my hair if I can help it. The problem is that my fine hair wants to settle into frizzy waves, especially if there’s any trace of humidity or dampness in the air.
The Jade Hair Straightening Ceramic-Tourmaline Brush by Irresistible Me, is a revolutionary ceramic straightening brush with 3D technology.
All you have to do is brush your clean dry hair, taking small wefts and passing the brush through them slowly (similar to what you would normally do using a flat-iron).
- Superior ergonomics and perfect bristle thickness and distance eliminate hair snags.
- Quality ceramic and tourmaline heating surface, three times that of a normal flat-iron, which means quick straightening larger sections of hair at a time.
- Ultra-fast recovery technology maintains a constant high temperature during use, while the tourmaline infusion emits rich amounts of negative ions to moisturise and hydrate your hair
- Multiple temperature settings, ranging from 270℉ (130℃) to 450℉ (230℃).
- Anti-scald and anti-static for virtually no hair damage
- Gorgeous LCD screen display and Microprocessor control
- Universal voltage – take your brush with you everywhere (the only thing you will need is a plug adaptor)
- 8 ft swivel cord
- Auto shut-off function
The brush is well made, with a good weight to it. It took 53 seconds to heat up to 350° F (180°C) – which is the highest temperature I’d use on my hair.
Don’t use the Jade brush as an ordinary brush, comb hair through first to untangle any knots.
I used 3 sprays of Sebastian Trilliant thermal protection and divided my hair into 4 sections.
I then held onto to each section at the end and slowly brushed through. I gave each section 4 or 5 passes. Afterwards, I went all over the top layer of my hair a couple of times just to add more volume and flick up the ends.
The Jade brush won’t give you poker straight hair, simply because hair isn’t clamped between two flat plates. What it will do though, is smooth out frizz, allow you to flip hair up or under at the ends, and add a smooth shine to hair, all in super fast time.
It doesn’t suck out moisture from your hair the way tongs do either. You get speedy smooth hair with less heat damage, and a more natural looking straight hair style.
Jade Hair Straightening Brush $69 Currently (25/10/16) on offer at $49.00 Irresistible Me
International shipping available