I’m not one for ‘gimmicky’ products, I put this down to having foolishly purchased a box of Frownies a few years ago – BECAUSE THEY’RE JUST STICKY CARDBOARD TRIANGLES! *and breathes*
Eyesential is a ‘beauty trick’ in a bottle. This is not a product I would ever buy for myself, I just don’t believe in these quick fixes. Well, I didn’t…
Developed for the Hollywood film industry, this secret weapon has been used by top make-up artists to the stars for over 30 years to give them an instant eye lift. Now Hollywood’s hottest beauty secret Eyesential, is available for home use worldwide.
This clever little serum claims to temporarily erase imperfections under the eye area, reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness.
Applied before make-up, Eyesential works by forming an extremely fine and invisible film over the skin. Eyesential does not penetrate the skin, and although you feel firming sensations as the lotion dries, it does not actually have any physical or pulling effects.
The thing is, even though I’ve only used it a few times, (maybe I’m still in the ‘honeymoon’ phase?), it’s actually rather good. It is only a temporary fix and there are no long-term skin care benefits, but sometimes temporary, as long as it means ‘all day’ is good enough.
Of course, it’s of no use to me if I can’t apply make up over the top and I was apprehensive about this. I’ve read a few reviews that talk of white residue and grittiness. But, as long as you shake the bottle well to mix the ingredients together, and lightly apply foundation – oil free is best, in gentle, dabbing motions, then it’s not at all obvious. I was worried too, about cakeiness (SO ageing), but again, the serum behaved itself under foundation and didn’t alter the texture or colour.
PATCH TEST – Even if you don’t have sensitive skin!
There’s a warning on the box that states it is not always suitable for highly sensitive skin. The skin around your eyes is so thin and delicate, it’s essential to do a patch test before use. Never take a risk with any product applied so close to your eyes.
HOW TO USE
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly – ensuring the skin is totally free from cleansers, toners, moisturisers, make-up and oily residue.
- Shake the bottle – vigorously and dispense a small amount onto your middle finger. If the lotion feels gritty it has not been shaken enough and the final result may be affected. < I would suggest you apply it with a small brush.
- Apply the lotion under the eye and, working from the inner eye, follow the contour out towards the temple. 1 – 3 single applications may be applied, but for best results, use as little as possible.
- Avoid any facial movement for 2-3 minutes, or until the lotion has dried.
- During the drying process there will be a firm feeling that will disappear.
- Once Eyesential has dried, you can apply make-up as required. Pat on very gently with a cosmetic sponge – do not rub as this will ruin the effect.
- Use water to remove Eyesential from the skin.
I’m sure there are a lot of products on the market that claim to do the same thing – in the olden days, ‘egg white’ was used to tighten the under eye area (look that one up young ones). But I want this to do its job and not be obvious – that’s my criteria.
I tried it out on my mum and she was suitably impressed ie I had to wrestle the bottle away from her.
Eyesential 20ml £32.99 TreatYourSkin