REVIEW: NeoStrata Triple Firming Neck Cream UPDATED
The neck is one of the first areas on the body to show signs of ageing. Women often forget to protect this area from harmful UV rays which is a shame, because nothing will age you faster than sun damage.
Ageing, gravity and the natural thinness of skin on the neck area, all contribute to sagging, crepiness and loss of muscle tone.
However, gentle daily massage for no longer than 5 minutes at most, (some people say longer, but that’s my cut off point) can really help to tone up the skin.
Jessica Lacey’s Blog for Marie Claire has some really helpful self facial and neck massage techniques and advice – Here are the highlights, I’ve added my own comments to the list.
- Sort Out Sagging Facial muscles are arranged diagonally in line with your cheekbones, so long, diagonal strokes upwards will engage with them and tighten up skin. – New to me, but will try this.
- Patter Out Puffiness If you wake up with puffy skin, go for light tapping motions. This will stimulate the lymphatic system which lies just underneath the skin’s surface and gets rid of excess fluid. Work towards your ears where the lymph nodes are located to flush it all out. – I knew this! It’s a really quick and simple way to rid yourself of morning puffy face.
- Good As New Neck Thought you had to massage the neck upwards? Wrong, it’s actually downwards to get rid of excess fluid being held there. – OK, I didn’t know this!
- Oil It Up Serums disappear too quickly to massage in so this is where you need face oil. – Don’t apply too close to bedtime. I find that even if you steer clear of applying oil close to your eyes, once you sleep, the heat of your body and gravity take over and the oil can seep into your eyes and make them sore.
- Pinch Up Your Peepers Pinching along your brows stops the upper eyelid sagging and lifts the appearance of brows. – What a great and easy tip.
- Eliminate Eye Bags Always stroke from inside of the eye socket outwards. If you do it the wrong way round (out to in) the other way can make eye bags even worse.
The ideal is to combine massage with an effective and powerful skin care cream. Neostrata Skin Care products help treat a range of skin care conditions using the latest researched laboratory tested ingredients.
Neostrata Skin Active Triple Firming Neck Cream contains a powerful blend of NeoStrata proprietary, clinically proven ingredients, to provide younger looking skin by improving the look and feel of sagging, pigmented skin in the neck and décolletage.
- NeoGlucosamine® helps increase hyaluronic acid and evens pigmentation.
- NeoCitriate® targets new collagen to lift and firm.
- Pro-Amino Acid increases pro-collagen to help diminish wrinkles.
- Swiss Apple Stem Cell Extract helps protect the longevity of skin’s essential cells, helping older cells behave like those in younger skin.
NeoStrata Skin Active Triple Firming Neck Cream is an essential skin care product to improve the look and appearance of the neck and décolletage areas which can be tricky to treat. – Dermatologist Dr Sandeep Cliff.
As we age, we produce less collagen and pigmentation becomes more mottled resulting in sagging, discoloured skin. Skin Active Triple Firming Neck Cream helps rebuild the skin’s matrix, encouraging the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid to improve skin health and quality.
HOW TO USE
Apply twice daily to neck and décolletage.
ADVICE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
For the first week apply once a day, preferably at night. Do not slather cream on, a little goes a long way. This cream has strong ingredients and skin may take a little time to adjust.
NeoStrata Triple Firming Neck Cream 75ml £50.00
6th APRIL 2015
UPDATE: 29th June 2015
12 weeks on and I’ve seen a significant improvement in the skin tone on my neck, more precisely, the middle section over the throat area, where crepiness seems to take hold first as we age.
Admittedly, I am on my second bottle of Triple Firming Neck Cream – this is no overnight, quick fix. However, I’m not using half as much as I did with the bottle, it’s more of a ‘maintenance’ application than treatment, this time round.
MY APPLICATION METHOD
I also apply it in a specific way, using Jessica Lacey’s advice above. I massage dots of cream in upward strokes towards my chin. I then use The Body Shop’s Facial Massager and roll gently from the bottom of my neck to the top. All this takes 2 minutes at most.
I’m also using the cream on my décolletage, and while the skin on my chest is definitely smoother – we have less sebaceous glands here, therefore we need a powerful moisturiser like this to hydrate the area, I’ve only seen a small improvement with the creases. I’m afraid it’s going to take some heavy-duty magic to get rid of those permanently!
Once again, I’m going to take this opportunity to advise you that sleeping on your side will not only cause deep wrinkles to form on your chest area, but can also create premature lines on your face. You may also find that the hair on the side you sleep on doesn’t hold a style as well as it should, and is often ‘floppier’ than the other side.
If you sleep on your side or front every night you can get sleep lines etched into your face which don’t disappear when you get up. Over time these lines can become a permanent facial fixture – WebMD
NeoStrata Triple Firming Neck Cream will work to smooth and tone the neck area, but be prepared to commit to a regular, morning and evening routine and realise that it will take at least 8-12 weeks to see an improvement. I really believe it’s the combination of this high potency neck cream with gentle massage that makes this cream special.