Casmara Cosmetics is a well-known dermo-cosmetics brand in Spain. Established over 37 years ago, their products are featured in the very best beauty salons, medical clinics and SPAs and distributed across 60 countries.
Intensive research into skin care technology led Casmara to develop their best selling product, the original algae peel-off facial mask. Previously only available as a luxurious spa treatment, Casmara now offer four, individually tailored face masks from their ‘Beauty Plan Collection’ for at home use in the UK.
These innovative face masks however, are a little bit different…
To keep the active ingredients fresh, the gel and powder components have to be mixed together and applied within 5 minutes before the mask begins to set. Oh, and no, you’re not seeing things, the mask can be safely applied over eyes and lips. The mask peels off gently in one piece. Visible results are seen after the first application.
Once applied there is a pleasant cooling effect. The eyes and lips areas receive special care. It also lowers the skin temperature acting against puffiness and under-eye dark circles. Firming, toning and calming effects while you relax.
HOW TO USE
- Apply the contents of the ampoule over your face
- Keep a small portion to apply as a skin sealer after having peeled off the mask
- Empty the entire contents of sachets 1 and 2 into the lid
- Use the spatula to whip-up a uniform mixture
- Apply over the face
- After 15 minutes, peel off the mask
- Do not rinse with water
Casmara Beauty Plan Collection Balancing Algae Peel Off Mask
Balancing and Calming Beauty Plan helps prevent the appearance of signs of ageing. It maintains the skin protected and vibrant. It provides benefits to your face to protect it from external agents while you relax.
- Balancing Cream Ampoule – Provides the skin with protecting nutrients and regenerators.
- Balancing Algae Peel-Off Mask – Formulated with ECOCERT® certified Tibetan Goji Berries, Betaine and Honey, specific active ingredients to protect and fight the external agents and the appearance of the signs of ageing.
Casmara Beauty Plan Collection Hydra Algae Peel Off Mask
Firming and Anti-Ageing Beauty Plan to maintain optimal moisturisation for your skin minimising the appearance of signs of ageing.
- Hydra Firming Cream Ampoule – With natural ultra firming marine active ingredients. Helps the skin’s natural renewal process and minimises the signs of ageing.
- Hydra Algae Peel-Off Mask – Formulated with Wakame Kelp and natural active ingredients that give the mask ultra hydrating and firming properties.
Casmara Beauty Plan Collection Purifying Algae Peel Off Mask
Purifying and Refreshing effects. Oxygenates, moisturises and reactivates the skin in a combination that will completely pamper your skin.
- Purifying Serum Ampoule – With a double oxygenating action thanks to CERASOME OXYGEN®: a high technology ingredient that helps conduct oxygen into the skin, and RIBOXYL®. It also contains BETAFIN, a natural moisturiser. These active ingredients favour the skin’s own renewal process.
- Purifying Algae Peel-Off Mask – Formulated with Diatomaceous Earth and active ingredients from the sea, which give the mask refreshing and moisturising properties. Purifying Mask Kit helps eliminate toxins providing intense skin moisturisation.
At first I was a bit unsure about this product and didn’t know whether it would work. But it was very simple, apply the serum, mix the 2 sachets in the lid and then just paste onto the face. I didn’t put this over my eyes but that was fine!
It was cooling and made it feel like my skin could breathe. Left it for 15 mins and relaxed. After the time was up it was easy to peel off and came off in one mask which was amazing. My skin now feels really soft and clean. Definitely will be buying for a good pamper night.
Casmara Beauty Plan Collection Rejuvenating Algae Peel Off Mask
Revitalising, firming and providing the skin with unique nutrients. Helps the skin recover the vitality of youth.
- Rejuvenating Revitalising Cream Ampoule – A fluid emulsion rich in active ingredients which provides a balanced supplement of vitamins and minerals. The essential trace elements that your skin needs. This innovative combination offers a better absorption and therefore has a greater effect on the skin.
- Rejuvenating Algae Peel-Off Mask – Formulated with 24 Carat Gold Dust. High penetrative active ingredients which give the mask revitalising and firming properties. This mask helps reinforce the skin’s structure, provides active nutrients that restore the skin’s balance lost with ageing and intense moisturisation.
This is a really novel product, which was fun to use and really met up to its claims. After using my skin felt super soft and the cooling effect soothed the skin around my eyes. It’s different from any product I’ve tried before, and definitely worth a go.
The mask feels very spongy on the face but, leaves your skin feeling fresh and really soft! The mask formulation also has little sparkles in it, leave you literally with a sparkly glow. Its fantastic! The only problem is you get a bit too much of the formulation left over, which is a bit of a waste unfortunately. < Not if you smooth it over your neck and chest!
I’ve watched the instruction video a few times and I think I’ve got the hang of it. Although, I’m relieved to see from the rubbery texture of the mask after it sets, that it won’t be peeling my eyelashes off along with it!
I’ll update this post in a few days with my review and some (hopefully) useful tips. I can imagine this is a luxurious and relaxing spa treatment, so it’ll be interesting to see how it works at home.
Casmara Beauty Plan Collection Boots
Joe Mitchell, beauty innovation buying manager at Boots, where the mask is on sale, said: ‘There are some products that you just have to try as soon as you see them and at Boots we’re always looking to bring these to our customers.
‘Algae is being used in new and interesting ways in beauty, and in looking for breakthrough algae products I found Casmara. It looked totally different to anything I’d seen before, not least because it contains gold. You quickly feel your skin getting colder as it gets to work, and it delivers on its promise of instantly softer skin.’
UPDATE: 29th March 2015
OMG! My new favourite beauty product! I finally got around to using the Casmara Hydra Algae Peel Off Mask and I have to say the mess – learning curve, the teasing – occupational hazard in my house and slight panicky feeling when my mouth was sealed over – cue more teasing, was well and truly worth it.
It was as if an iron had been run over my face, it was soft and smooth – admittedly, I did have to pick off a lot of product from around my hairline (courtesy of clumsy, sausage fingered husband), but what an amazing result.There is a bit of a learning curve with regard to the application process, but here are my tips:
- Use a large towel to cover the surface you’ll be working on.
- Make sure all your hair is tucked in under a headband. The bits of set mask aren’t painful to peel off, but it is a nuisance.
- The instructions say mix slowly for a few seconds and then fast for 40. This is to stop the powder flying around. Make sure you scoop round the bottom of the container to get all the powder mixed into the gel.
- You have 5 minutes to mix the contents before it starts to set, use a timer. I think I mixed mine too quickly, hence the lumps and the Creature from the Blue Lagoon jokes.
- There’s a lot of product, so not only can you apply a generous layer, you can take it right down to the neck, which I will definitely do next time.
- Get someone (not a man), to help you and make sure they know when to start the timer.
- The mask over my eyes didn’t bother me at all, but I did feel slightly claustrophobic when my mouth was covered – although my lips were plumped up nicely afterwards.
- Taking the mask off is easy! It’s simply a question of grabbing any part of the bottom of the mask and peeling slowly upwards, it really does comes off in one piece.
- If you’re worried about the mask taking off your eyelashes, then don’t. The mask forms a soft, but set, layer and it comes off without ‘catching’ on anything.
This is a beauty treatment you can do on the night of an event. The mask is cooling and calming on the skin and the brightening effect is immediate. I can’t wait to try the others, but they’ve got a lot to live up to. I’m definitely buying the Hydra one to use again.
UPDATE May 2015
I’ve since used the red Balancing Algae Peel Off Mask. This time I remembered my own advice above and it was a breeze. I wasn’t so panicky that the mask would set and calmly applied it, it was smoother and I was able to continue to spread the mask all over my neck.
I did have help though and I really do think you need someone with you because it is still a bit fiddly. Again, the mask over my eyes wasn’t a problem, but over my mouth, it did feel strange.
I thought the Hydra mask was my favourite, but it might be this one now, my neck was especially soft and smooth.