Renée at The Oscars – It’s a win!

Renée Zellweger Oscars

Much debate over Renee’s Oscar night appearance. Personally, I thought she looked absolutely beautiful.

shine

Double checks it’s Renée, not Nicole.

I mean, yes, it appears (got to cover myself) that she’s had some ‘work’ done and she’s definitely got that ‘Nicole Kidman shiny face’ thing going on, but look how it’s opened up her tiny eyes.

I’m not against Botox per se, just for me. In this instance, I think Renee’s got it right, maybe she could’ve had it done a little earlier to let it ‘settle’ in, but overall, it’s spot on. What do you think? Am I blind? Is she too frozen looking?

catherine zeta

PS I thought Catherine Zeta-Jones, though heavily caked in foundation, (pesky HD cameras), looked remarkably *aherm* fresh faced…I’m surprised her make up artist didn’t think to lightly dust her parting to match her face though.

Oh and by the way, I was told by a hairdresser friend to watch out when a celebrity dramatically changes their hairstyle, because, as they’re photographed so often, it can sometimes signal that they’ve had a little ‘work’ done and the attention is focused on the hair.

8 Comments

1. February 25, 2013 / 8:53 pm

I feel sorry for the older woman in Hollywood, If they don’t get any work done then basically it s goodbye to the fame and limelight, which must be very addictive. Unless, they are amazing actresses. Men don’t get treated the same. Its ok for them to grow old

• February 25, 2013 / 9:37 pm

Oh Mandy, how right you are. I also think we women are the harshest critics, but we can’t seem to help ourselves.

Then you have Michael Douglas, 68, married to Catherine, 43, if the ages were reversed we’d all be horrified wouldn’t we? Can you imagine Ben Affleck married to a 64 year old woman?

I am surprised though, that certain Hollywood women aren’t been advised properly and carry on with the fillers and face lifts that turns them from ‘refreshed’ to freak.

Ann-Marie

• MC
        February 26, 2013 / 10:15 am

I think Hugh Jackman’s wife is 10 years older than he is. It’s sad that the outside beauty and looks are so important. Reminds me of the movie with Bruce Willis, Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep from the 80s

• February 26, 2013 / 11:21 am

I’ve seen the b*tching by journos about Hugh’s wife, Deborra-Lee Furness and Pierce Brosnan’s wife, Keely – horrible, but I like to think both women are having the last laugh. Living well IS the best revenge.

2. February 26, 2013 / 12:50 am

Yes Madonna’ Pillow Cheek really gets me. She was so much better looking before she had that done. I think Goldie Hawn looks very strange too and she was a stunner

• February 26, 2013 / 9:44 am

Madonna was so beautiful back in her day, I’m not surprised she’s throwing everything at her face to delay the signs of ageing. A little more meat on her bones would fill her face out better and more naturally.

Remember Goldie Hawn in The First Wives Club when she had her lips done so her character could get the ‘babe’ parts? It was a spoof then but look at life has imitated art and now she’s had them done for real.

3. MC
    February 26, 2013 / 10:13 am

I love her as an actress and was excited to see her and and her signature Carolina Herrera gown but I was shocked when they did the short interview before the show started. It looked like her face was drooping/falling off. It was like looking at Salvador Dali painting come to life and melt down her head. I’m not sure but I think the smoky eye (i think thats what it was suppose to be) didnt really help.I read that she was drunk and you can really see her swaying and acting a bit strange on the stage. I also have to wonder if she really wasnt suppose to be on stage for All that Jazz or was she called off because of her state. I think there’s only a few ladies that seem to age normal and if they use something it’s not atleast crazy noticeable. I think Catherine Zeta-Jones looked good, pretty much the same she has always looked

• February 26, 2013 / 11:14 am

Just had a quick look at the video and you’re right, she does look wasted. Probably a combination of too much booze and no food, as you can safely assume she’s not eaten for 6 months to prep for the Oscars. Again, what were her PR thinking of?